-

Leafy Bones

Monday 2 April 2012

The Fox

Here is one of my nightmares, I found it quite hard to describe but here it is.

Forest dew kisses my cheek,

I balance my eye,
but her ears alert themselves
to more than my painted skin.
Run, she's begging.
the fox!

"You've seen the Dow"
velvet purple suit to match each Iris,
smiling breathe of fire and ice,
she appears, human
He whispers feathers down her neck.

SCREAMING AND SCORCHING
and he LAUGHS
and the birds sound like fire-
each ripple dribbles
to plasticine-
she is a pig!
shedding each layer of blood and vessels
SCREAMING AND SCROCHING
and he LAUGHS
"HELP, HELP, WHY DON'T YOU HELP"
how can I help her?

Blood down my body,
I pull on the blue dress.

1 comment:

  1. whew love the craziness in this as that is def dreams---and things happening that make little sense in reality but do int he moment...

    ReplyDelete